Wednesday, July 7, 2010

More Random "Stuff"

  • Food

I tried black pudding in Wales. Black Pudding is primarily composed of animal blood and offal. I can't say it did much for me. Not much flavour really. Ray says it's good fried on the BBQ - maybe I wanted it to be cooked differently?

I also tried a Chicken Vindaloo in Wales. Vindaloo is often mentioned in British TV comedies - especially the older ones. I can't say I noticed it on the menus of Indian restaurants in Australia, but you would think it would be there. - anyway, when Ray ordered it the people in bar (small local pub in Wales) erupted and I wondered what I was in for, but as I love hot spicy food it was great!!

2 comments:

  1. Here I go again. I hope you get this. I've finally found u but can't catch u. My posts keep failing. U sound like u are having a great a time,pics great and your comentary truly professional, you can get a new job as a globe trotting Travell Writer. We really wish we were there, I am so green with envy. Tar!! got yr postcard today. luv Kay Gil XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got this one!! Glad you are enjoying the posts. Glad the postcard made it too!

    As you would be well aware the posts are only a fraction of what we have seen, heard, done..... If I got a new job as a travel writer I would have to have waaaaay more time - we didn't allow enough time in the south-east (big rush to get it in - really big days)or Cornwall - missed Land's End!!!
    It's great though and we ae heading for Scarborough for a rest tomorrow!
    Miss you guys - it would be great if you were here xxx

    ReplyDelete